This post has been linked to Homemade Thursday at the blog Ship Full O'Pirates.
Feels good to be back at the quilting again. The 'Frogs & Bugs Quilt' has thankfully come together far better than the 'Cupcake Quilt' did. I learned from the mistakes I made first time 'round (it was painful in places). That first quilt was a character builder I can tell you!
Anyway, I basted the quilt a day or two ago... basically that's when you make up the 'quilt sandwich' from the three layers...
1) Quilt top,
2) Batting (padding stuff)
3) Backing fabric.
I got the backing fabric from a charity shop (it's a hardly used colourful duvet cover). The tag tool I use to baste the quilt saves a lot of time.
The tag tool is very popular & there are always other 'helpful' folks ready to help...
Once basted, last night I started the actual quilting.... Yay! I decided to 'stitch in the ditch' along the edges of the square panels. This was considerably easier than last time due to my new grippy gloves which are small & a better fit. My first pair of grippy gloves were way too big & flappy.
This quilt is bigger & heavier than the first quilt I made & while sewing it last night, I discovered some muscles in my forearms I never knew I had (!). This morning my arms are aching ;}
I've just noticed how miserable I look.. but I'm just concentrating... honestly!
Looking forward to quilting 'pebbles' on each panel.
[See the left sidebar and click on 'Quilting efforts' to read about the piecing process of this quilt & about the making of my first quilt].